Thursday, June 9, 2011

Necklace Solution - For now...

Another Jewelry category which I love / hate are necklaces.  Oh how they drain my bank account yet can glam up so many basic outfits (I admit I'm a fan of all things jeans plus T-shirts).  Yet, when it comes to organizing and storing them one can only have so many necklace hangers or in my case, tacks in a wall...


Oh yes, holes a plenty.  So I decided to use something I already had on hand to display my necklaces in a functional and attractive way, similar to how I organized my earrings.  I grabbed the old bulletin board from my room to see how I could use it!  After 2 coats of white paint on the frame and some hot glue to hold the board which was falling off onto the frame it was looking pretty good.  Then all I did was add the tacks that had previously been on my wall to the board and hang it on the wall.  Then I hung my necklaces in a somewhat organized fashion from longest to shortest then my really long ones on the side.  I went from having 20 holes to 2 in the wall which made my pretty happy!
I still want to do something about my stud ribbon since it doesn't really go with anything in the room or help out the necklace board in any way.  There are also so many earrings on it that I haven't worn since I bought them in middle school from Claire's.  I suppose jewelry is one of those things you hate to get rid of in case you happen to have an occasion to wear those horrible bumble bee studs your aunt gave you 10 years ago.  So, that is certainly on my to-do list; get rid of unused earrings.  Does anyone have any good ideas for storing them or how you get rid of the ones you don't want?  What about your to do lists? Anything that is only halfway there?

Thanks for stopping by!

Brittany

0 comments:

Post a Comment