Monday, June 6, 2011

20,000 Calorie Challenge!

Today I am beginning a 20,000 Calorie Challenge!  My YMCA started this challenge at the beginning of April but I've decided to do it on my own since it's way to late to join and since I think it'll be more fun to do it on the inter web via... my blog!  I'll post the calories I burn over in my side bar!  Also, if you'd like to try it out you should!!  Let me know and I'll link you up over on the side!

Anyway, basically I'll be tracking days that I go to the gym and burn some calories.  I'm sure there will be days when it was only 10 minutes on the elliptical or days when I ran, and biked, and swam (well maybe not)!  My goal is to complete the 20,000 calories (burned... this has nothing to do with eating, gosh... there would be a fail) by August 15, 70 days from now.  That's 285 a day but some days I burn more.  Somedays none at all, but hopefully I'll try to do a little something here and there that will add up to big calorie burns!

Today I did the strange elliptical machine that I don't know the name of and burned 170 calories, kick boxed for an hour to burn 700 calories and walked for 15 minutes for approximately 30 calories for a grand total of 900 calories!  So far so good, just have to keep it up!

Good luck on your own fitness challenges!  Anyone else do better by making goals and self challenges?  I'd love to hear about them!

Brittany

4 comments:

  1. What a neat twist on a fitness challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's going well so far... but then again I think I get into a new "I'm going to eat healthy" mindset every Monday and do well on Monday and Tuesday but then by Wednesday it all goes downhill ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it is a calorie BURNED counter! When I first looked at it I thought thats how many calories you were consuming a day and I was going to email you to tell you how unhealthy that was! Haha!

    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I don't think I could do that if I tried! Oh dear my stomach hurts at the thought!

    ReplyDelete