Monday, July 4, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Cake and Flower Arrangements!

Happy Independence Day Everyone!

The 4th of July has long been my favorite holiday because it's in the summer, there's another excuse to BBQ plus the added fun of fireworks!  Unfortunately, this year I don't have any grand plans (mostly due to the case of strep throat I caught of Saturday, boo) however my mom held a Quilter's Guild picnic last Monday where I was able to try out a recipe I've been dying to make and create some beautiful flower arrangements for the tables!

As I was browsing On Demand I found a Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe by Martha Stewart which I had to try.  The recipe was pretty straight forward and easy to make! You can get the recipe HERE!
 First you cream the sugar and butter together then add the eggs one at a time.
Once the flour mixture is added you add lemon juice and zest!
 Then comes the blueberries which you gently fold in.
Be sure to butter and flour the pan.  I did go back and add more butter and flour so that the pan was completely covered.
Here's the finished product!  Yumm
 I really recommend using that recipe if you like lemons or blueberries, it was delicious and moist!

Once the desserts were set up I went to work creating a beautiful floral arrangement for the tables.
Using two stripes of different patriotic fabrics and some red ribbon I tied them around mason jars and added flowers from around the house.  What do you think?




Anyone else have any good summer recipes?  What about 4th of July decorations?  The more I look on places like Pinterest and other blogs the more excited I get about having my own place to throw parties and decorate!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your holiday!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! It has been sooo long since I've baked anything--I need to get back in the kitchen and make something sweet :)

    Hope you had a good Fourth!

    ReplyDelete